Minority Women-Owned Businesses Forum: The Trailblazers of Our Economy, with a Special Presentation by ESSENCE Magazine
on the State of African-American Women
WHEN: February 15, 2011
WHERE: The Gold Room—2168 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The State of Play: Trends Affecting Female Entrepreneurship
Moving Forward: Improving the Outlook for Minority Women-Owned Businesses
• Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez, Ranking Member, House Committee on Small Business
• Hilda L. Solis, Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor
• Dana M. Lewis, executive director, National Women’s Business Council [confirmed]
• Cathy Hughes, Founder, Radio One, Inc.
• Alejandra Castillo, National Deputy Director, Minority Business Development Agency, U.S. Department of Commerce
• Ana Recio Harvey, Asst. Administrator, Office of Women’s Business Ownership, U.S. Small Business Administration [confirmed]
• S. Lynn Cooper, National Association of Black Female Entrepreneurs [confirmed]
• L. Content McLaughlin, President of the Maryland Chapter, National Association of Women Business Owners [confirmed]
For additional information, call 202-225-8699 or register by e-mail at mailto: DonnaEdwardsRSVPfirstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Women’s Business Forum).