We are seeking respondents for two articles and an ASK THE STRATEGIST blog post about President Obama’s jobs speech tonight, Thursday, September 8, 2011. We would like to hear from job seekers, career/workforce experts (i.e. human resources, recruiters, trainers, directors of training centers), and employers to talk about the following:
1. What do you hope President Obama includes in his speech on jobs?
2. Describe how the economy has impacted you personally (positively or negatively)
3. Detail how you are surviving or thriving in this new economy
4. How much (if at all) and how exactly are politics stalling progress on jobs in the USA?
5. How has the economy impacted your workplace/department/entire company or organization?
6. Share if you have a plan to navigate the job market
If you live and work in the Greater Washington, DC area ONLY, and would like to possibly be featured in the article(s), email me a BRIEF response to the topics above (no more than one paragraph) AND the following ASAP:
1. Your first and last name (which may or may not be used)
2. Your city/state
3. Email address
4. Phone number
NOTE: All articles will be written today for potential publication tomorrow. So, also include the latest time you are willing to be called or emailed TONIGHT.
Only respondents selected for the interviews will be initially contacted.
Email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).
p.s. We are Tweeting live during the President’s speech tonight 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Twitter. Follow us and join the conversation at www.twitter.com/CareerConnectDC.