Nominations now open for Employee of the Month
More than 711,000 employees make Washington, DC run efficiently, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Add the surrounding counties in Maryland and Virginia, and the number grows to more than 1,000,000 people who drive business, revenue, and services in, and around, the nation’s capital. We seek to sing the praises of many of these hardworking and talented employees in our new article series, Employee of the Month on Examiner.com.
In order to make Employee of the Month a success, your nominations – and spreading the word about the friendly competition – are vital.
Submission Process and Guidelines
Anyone may submit a nomination for consideration for Employee of the Month, including those who wish to self-nominate. Eligibility is based on two criteria:
1. The nominated employee works in the metropolitan Washington, DC area (i.e. the District of Columbia, Northern Virginia – Fairfax County, Prince William County; Montgomery County, MD; Prince George’s County; Howard County, MD)
2. The nominee must work for a company, nonprofit organization, federal/local government, or educational institution; be support staff, a manager, executive director, administrator, intern, or anyone who works there; and, be a part-time or full-time employee of the company
Winners are selected based upon how well the nominator documents the employee’s contributions to the workplace. Nominations should be sent in Microsoft Word, and contain no more than three paragraphs. Include the nominator’s AND nominee’s name, telephone number, and email address.
Tips for writing a successful nomination:
- Include specific contributions to the workplace
- Indicate nominee’s work title and employer
- Specify why the nominee should be selected asEmployee of the Month
Employee of the Month Submissions
Never miss ASK THE STRATEGIST blog posts. Subscribe now
Stay connected with us