September is Wealth & Wellness Month
30 ways to improve your wealth and wellness
Initially, we declared September 2012 Wealth & Wellness month in honor of our upcoming summit for college students
to help them develop positive strategies for creating optimal wealth (career planning, exploring entrepreneurship, and reducing debt) and health (stress reduction, positive emotional health, and healthy relationships); however, I’ve decided to issue a clarion call to adults and students, alike, to use September to actively reflect upon and take action to improve access to wealth and healthy living.
So, here’s a list of 30 things you can do each day during Wealth & Wellness month in September:
1. Swap out one sugary food for a healthy one during breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time
2. Make an appointment for a dental cleaning
3. Organize a girlfriends (or guys!) group walk, hike, yoga, or Dance Trance class
4. Pack a homemade picnic and invite your beloved to dine with you
5. Go stargazing with a friend or spouse
6. Update your resume and ask a mentor or friend to review it
7. Open a savings account
8. Make an appointment for a pedicure or manicure
9. Have your blood pressure checked
10. Join a support group if you have lost a loved one recently
11. Introduce your child to a new vegetable (roasted carrots and red bell pepper are healthy, sweet, and delicious)
12. Engage a mentor to help you build a business
13. Pay off a credit card (start with the one with the lowest balance)
14. Talk to your child, Godchild, or young family members about money
15. Donate gently worn professional attire to Dress for Success
16. Talk to an experienced, licensed financial planner about investing in stocks, Roth IRAs, or CDs
17. Draft a will or living will
18. Get a mammogram
19. Tell your loved ones you love them
20. Eat dinner with the family, at the table, and not in front of the television
21. Disengage social media for 1 day
22. Donate your time or money to a worthy cause
23. Make an appointment to have your hearing or vision tested
24. Spend quality time with your pet(s)
25. Do 1 good thing for 1 person today
26. Try a vegetarian meal
27. Put on sunscreen – use an appropriate SPF
28. Substitute your drink full of spirits with a non-alcoholic option
29. Take an elderly parent or neighbor to the doctor
30. Tell someone else about Wealth & Wellness month. Better yet, share this list with others.
How have you celebrated Wealth & Wellness month? Let us know if any of these suggestions worked for you or your family, by emailing us
, or comment below.
DISCLAIMER: ASK THE STRATEGIST is a blog that addresses business, career, workplace and etiquette issues. Any advice dispensed by Ask The Strategist is purely for informational and entertainment purposes. Take the advice and opinions at your own risk – and betterment! Follow @KesiStribling or @CareerConnectDC on Twitter. Post your questions/email your conundrum/send your question via video to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions become the property of Ask The Strategist. Names and other identifying information may be changed to protect the person asking for advice.
Never miss ASK THE STRATEGIST blog posts! Have them delivered to your inbox bysubscribing.
Stay connected with us